Design / Researcher / User Experience
Combining expertise on inclusive technologies with a product designer sensibility, I am an expert in creating designs for seniors and users with disabilities.
I also led numerous design workshops and training in India, Uganda and Indonesia, with a focus on access to education and creating appropriate technology for humanitarian relief.
I earned a Masters in Industrial design from La Cambre, Belgium in 2008 and after working in design studios across Europe, my passion for user-centered approaches and Inclusive Design led me to Boston in 2011. I have a keen interest in sustainable design and design for social equity, and focus most of my work on designs that improve the lives of users.
Product Design Services from concept to completion.
Sketching. 3D Moddelling. Prototyping
Well versed in research Techniques including: Contextual inquiry, Desk research, Stakeholder Analysis,
Research with Users for the most usable and accessible interface. Specialized in Web Accessibility, Inclusive technology and digital interface for senior users.
- Inclusive Product & Technology Designer at Institute for Human Centered Design (IHCD), Boston, 2011 – Present
- Co-Founder at Rethink Relief, Boston, 2011 – Present
- Designer at Tupperware, Brussels, 2010
- Product designer at Global Goods Partners New York City, 2010
- Product designer at SRULI RECHT Design Studio Reykjavik, 2010
- Designer at MICHAEL ANASTASSIADES Studio. London, 2009
- Designer – Packaging/website at Aromates du Verdon France, 2009
- Adobe suite
- 3DS max & V-ray
- FileMaker Pro 14
- Office suite
- Winner Greener gadget competition Core 77 Magazine 2009
- Winner FEBELCEM competition FEBELCEM – Cement industry 2006
- Award winner TREMPLIN competition WCC-BF – World Crafts Council 2009
- Packaging Competition Winner 3rd position – Procarton 2005
- Light Design Award – Beneflux Competition 2004
Trainer and International Work
- Uganda: Refugee-led Innovation for gender-based violence Workshop, 2016
- Uganda: Co-founded and organized Rethink Relief Design Sumit in 2011, 2013, and 2014
- Russia: Trainer on technologies for inclusive education, 2014
- Indonesia: Design facilitator for Mars Creative Capacity Building (CCB) training, 2015
- India: Trip leader for IAP project in Uttarakhand, 2013, 2014
Santos, ALR., Capet L.,Diehl, J.C. (2013). The value of collaborative design to address the challenges of the humanitarian sector. Access Publication
International Conference on Integration of Design, Engineering & Management for Innovation: Porto, Portugal. November 2013